Internet leads are fast emerging as the preferred way to acquire customers. Purchasing Internet leads is the start and good lead management is the follow-through to sales success. If you want to be a top sales performer you need to be equipped with the right knowledge, a good process, and a well honed sales script to convert an Internet lead into a customer.
Here are a few lead management tips to make you a top Internet lead sales person:
1. Purchase reliable leads – Ensure that the Internet leads you have purchased are genuine and really need your services. That means buying leads from a reliable Internet lead company with a proven track record. If you are new to purchasing Internet leads, browse plenty of sites, call for clarifications, read the fine print in the contract if any and check their replacement policies for bogus leads. This should give you a clear picture of the best lead partners. Also try to filter and purchase leads which fall in your local area if possible. This can give you an advantage over bigger financial service companies.
2. Prompt follow up on Internet leads – Genuine data calls for quick action. Set up a lead management system where you make a list of all the Internet leads, classify them according to their needs and the solutions you have in store for them. This lead management technique will help your sales script and approach to be more appropriate.
3. Have all sales information ready – On contacting the Internet lead, first listen and learn the customer’s needs, lead the prospect to your solution and be prepared with comprehensive information on your products or services to convince them that you have the solution. Fumbling with words and data could cost you the sale.
4. Do not over promise – Be careful never to overpromise or sell something you can’t deliver to the Internet lead. Though these customers are looking for the best deals, offers that cannot be delivered quickly spoil the final sale.
5. Have up to date Internet lead data – Good lead management means that you are constantly updating your lead data. You should be regularly updating leads that converted to sales, the type of products and services you offered, the time or number of contacts it took to convert, the potential to sell him any other services that you offer and so on. This will keep in tune with your Internet lead sales pipeline and give you trends and characteristics for future lead buying.
6. Do not be over confident – In the end, Internet lead management and sales for Internet leads is not so different from other more traditional marketing channels. You need to work them efficiently, while maintaining reasonable expectations. The Internet lead channel may take a bit more work, but in the end they will be a more steady flow of prospects. So, avoid overconfidence in the channel, but know in the long run you will be able to yield more deals with more regularity.
The key to being a top Internet lead sales performer is to get reliable lead data, work it diligently, update it regularly, and apply solid sales processes. This is an easy formula for hitting your numbers more consistently.