Aged debt leads are probably some of the most damaged clients on the planet. They are desperate for help, yet prey for some of the most unscrupulous. Even the ones that can help often treat them like second-class citizens.
You can be better than that. Not only is it the human thing to do, it is the profitable thing to do. Giving your aged debt leads a little tender love and care is your biggest sales opportunity.
1. Be respectful. In all cases be respectful to these prospective clients. Be considerate of their time and their needs. It doesn’t even hurt to remember your Sesame Street manners…use please, thank you, sir, and madam.
2. Be responsive. If you get a reply or inquiry from one of your aged debt leads you should be back to the customer in moments, not hours or days. You have their attention and you have them being responsive. Do not miss this small window of opportunity. It will close.
3. Take your time. Be patient with aged debt lead clients. They are nervous and suspicious. Chances are part of their plight was served to them by fast talking scam artists. Taking the time to listen and explain how you can help is going to pay dividends.
4. Answer questions. Most debt clients have a lot of questions. They are not typically financially savvy and are intimidated by numbers. Create an environment and sales script that opens the door for questions.
5. Ask questions. Sometimes asking questions is the best way to answer questions. For these typically shy or anxious debt customers asking questions can open the door. You have heard most of the typical questions–start there.
- “Mrs. Simpson, do you have any questions about how this will impact your credit?”
- “Mr. Gentry, do you see how consolidating these debts has lowered your monthly payment?”
Getting debt clients talking is half the sale.
6. Just listen. Sometimes you simply need to be the debt therapist too. Often these clients have many issues beyond their personal debt woes. A few extra minutes listening to a client decompress their stress can get the deal done.
Are you still unclear on how showing love to aged debt leads can make you very profitable? Look at the most profitable airline (one of the few actually making money)–Southwest. They have been operating through the toughest economy in years as the airline that gives exceptional service to those that can’t afford to pay a lot of money to fly.