I ran across an interesting post over at LeadCritic about sharing sales performance data with lead providers. Although I think the idea has merit in theory I rarely see it practiced. What do you think?
I see the apparent advantages:
- Lead provider could match it back to marketing campaigns and see what is working and what is failing
- Lead providers could optimize the leads that they send to certain customers based on feedback (what converts best for them)
- Lead providers could make recommendation on how the client could get better performance from their leads
However, I think the reality is that things in the hairy world of online lead generation don’t work that ideally and seamless. Here are reasons I think this doesn’t usually make a lot of sense:
- Clients are usually don’t have the resources to assemble data extracts to send to lead providers
- Lead providers don’t have the resources to match up individual clients data back to source campaigns
- Lead providers rarely care
There are probably a myriad of others–like pricing concerns–but you get the idea. Again, what do you think?
Ready-to-Close Aged Mortgage Leads
- Should clients share lead (sales) performance data with lead providers?
- Should lead providers make an effort to consider and optimize with this data?
- Should I be asking for it as an aged mortgage and debt lead provider?