Are you losing sales leads online? If you aren’t thinking about what you ask and when you ask it, your website could be leaving money on the table.
Clear CTAs work far better than the alternative. But even when they don’t work upfront, backend deals and special offers can catch you online sales leads that would otherwise fall through the cracks.
“Yes” Is Cumulative
The amazing thing about “yes” is its cumulative effect. Saying yes to your “Wait! Before you go…” pop-up offer makes it that much more likely they’ll say “yes” to your next sales ask.
But if you expect to get that first “yes,” you better have a darn good offer. Something that addresses the prospect’s needs, that adds value and offers a solution. That makes for one easy yes after another.
Backend Deals That Add Value
There are many ways you can create backend deals that add value. On-demand webinar videos, guides, ebooks, VIP membership forums, free trials, free subscriptions, or any other such offer that addresses the needs of your ideal prospect will work. The key is to put that offer in front of your prospect at the right moment.
Here are some placement examples drawn from Business2Community and how you can apply them to your own sales website:
- You’ve already built a sign-up confirmation page or thank you page into your site. Get the most from that online real estate. Include an up-sell offer pitch, an event invite, a Q and A invitation, an offer to schedule a consultation — something to add further value to the new relationship you’ve begun that’s aware of their pain points and has a solution.
- If you’ve been on any big sales or marketing website lately, you may have noticed that as you mouse away from the contents to close out the page, you get a pop-up with a strong CTA. This is the most obvious “Wait! Before you go…” offer there is, and it’s very effective. Consider offering your own with a special discount or information packet.
- Lastly, not all backend deals have to live on your website. Consider sending an auto-responder email that asks for an up-sell or triggers the next stage of your sales funnel. Since this is an email ask and not a website CTA, you can craft a more in-depth ask — email readers are in a more focused decision mindset than web surfers.
Clear CTAs That Convert
Of course, it’s not just where you place your backend offer on your site, nor what deal or freebie you offer. You also need to ask the right way. As CrazyEgg points out, clear CTAs should do three things:
- The offer is low-risk, high-reward. There’s a free membership, a free ebook, a no-obligation consultation, and so on.
- You’re explicit about what you want them to do. Don’t leave things up to chance. Your button should tell people you want them to click on it.
- There is a sense of urgency or immediacy. Tell them not to wait another minute. Tell them this is a limited-time offer.
Catch Those Web Sales Leads
Your website exists to help generate high-quality leads. You don’t want to lose those leads because you don’t have clear CTAs or the right technical set-up to offer them where and when leads will respond. Put in the effort to set yourself up for long-term web leads success. And whatever you do, don’t leave money on the table.
Draw more web leads to your website today with a supply of high-quality aged leads from The Aged Lead Store. You’ll find thousands of sortable aged leads, ready to boost your sales, whether your business is auto, life, health, or home insurance, mortgage refinance, or solar installation.