Sales 2.0, social media, social networking, and other like terms are literally sucking the air out of the room. But, will it really work on it’s own? Will it work without “real” contact, real connections?
Here are a few really good lessons to review before you begin believing sales happen without phone and “belly-to-belly” interactions.
Funnelholic on the “Pounce Controversy”
This all started with a simple post/survey by Mike Damphousse on his blog asking, “Webleads: Pounce, pause, nurture, or wait?”
1. The phone still works.
2. For it to work, we need to get our phone resources connected with the right people (NOTE: if you sent an email to someone, I hope you sent it to a targeted list).
3. New technologies should increase our connect rates, NOT keep us from talking to people.
4. The phone is your best weapon in the lead-conversion rate war.
Need some more convincing? How about from the master marketer himself…
Seth Godin on Social Networking
Related articles by Zemanta
- Building Your Own Outreach List (nettiehartsock.com)
- Social Media Cynics in the Press Room (byronmiller.typepad.com)
- Facebook Use Grows By 700%; Maintains Top Social Networking Spot … (jonggunlee.tistory.com)
- Social Media and Socialising…Let’s not muddy the waters. (socialmediatoday.com)