Nothing wrecks a new relationship like a self-doubter. You know the kind.
- “This is a stupid question, but…”
- “I could be wrong, but…”
- “I’m not sure if this is right, but…”
When I hear openings like this I feel like the person needs a support group, not a sale. Strike these kinds of openings from your vocabulary. Never use a self-deprecating opening followed by the deadly “but” again.
Open with confidence. Convince your prospect that you’re the one person they need to talk to right now. And you have the solution to the most important problem they need to solve–again, right now!
Of course, you have to believe it first. Here’s how.
Believe in Yourself First
Look in the mirror. It all starts here. It might sound cheesy, but if you don’t believe why would anyone else?
Whether you’re just starting out or trying to shake a funk–let’s fix your belief system.
- Write out and post some of your favorite motivational quotes
- Create and self-talk three basic self-affirmations every day
- Leave yourself a kick-ass motivational voicemail to start each morning
- Will this product or service help your customer?
- Will it improve their life, performance, or status?
- Will it deliver the promised results?
Can you say, “yes” to all three? Good. Those are the only three things you need to focus on. Forget price. Forget competition. Lead with value–you just said you could!
Sell Yourself with Confidence
Now take all that power and pick up the phone, go to your appointment, or fire off that email. You can be confident that you’ll get more sales with the new attitude. Sell that confidence. Let every customer know that you’re the most important conversation they will have all day.
Actually, that’s pretty good…say that: “I guarantee this is the most important conversation you’ll have today.”
Reinforce your confidence daily with the same morning power up process!