This is probably one of the classic “religious” questions of online marketers. Is there a right answer? This is one of those audience participation questions. What do you think?
I think this is an answer that is very dependent on your business, target audience, and budget.
Ultimately, marketing is the attempt to attract the attention of consumers that are likely to buy your products or services. As such, picking the best lead generation can take a myriad of forms.
- Email and Permission: Email engages consumers, on a permission basis, in one of the most active venues of most consumers online life. It is a great way to stay top of mind, create a discussion, and allow your message to go viral with a simple forward.
- Search Engine Optimization: Searches have become the measure of intent online. Consumers use searches on Google, Yahoo, and MSN to go straight to what they need. If you position your content to attract these inquiries you can grab some of the highest converting consumers.
- Display and Placement Advertising: Often considered a branding play–banners get your image front and center. Exposing consumers to your brand in targeted venues that already have buyers can bring you consistent traffic. The magic of course is turning that traffic into conversions.
- Co-registration: Associated offers are often weakly linked to the primary offer. However, if creatively linked to the original offer as an additional value or an abandonment alternative–these co-reg offers can turn into a strong lead.
- Surveys and Incentives: Not all incentive leads are evil. Sometimes delivering value first, or an incentive, can gather targets and information that builds a better audience and marketing campaign.
- Telemarketing: The cold-call–a classic sales tool. Not all consumers know they are eligible for an offer or know your services can help them. Taking your message directly to the consumer is an intimidating marketing approach, but built in a smart way these campaigns can build brand and direct sales.
Each of these can be used effectively to generate sales leads. Which is best? Which is best for your business? It could depend. What do you think?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Search Engine Optimization Packages for Top Ranking (articlesbase.com)
- Effective Tool for Search Engine Ranking Analysis (articlesbase.com)
- Search Engine Optimization and Its Importance (articlesbase.com)
- Stress Tests for SEO, SEM, PPC at SES New York (searchenginewatch.com)