Sales slumps-we all get them. However, the best in the business know the early warning signs and how to “hit” out of them.
The best way to avoid slumps is to develop a consistent sales process. These are methodical habits and techniques that create a baseline for sales activities and performance. When one or the other begins to wander you know you have a problem.
You sales process should include some of these basic activities:
- Methods for marketing or sourcing leads
- Disciplined approach to getting leads into your system
- Consistent initial contact and lead nurturing process
- Process to status and age leads in your lead management software
If you have these basic elements of lead management it will make it easy to see the 7 deadly signs of a sales slump earlier:
- Repeated (mindless) organizing and sorting leads
- Dialing without a plan or objective for the call
- Endlessly prospecting to avoid the pipeline
- Few if any measurements to gauge performance
- Competitive offers catch you by surprise
- Same “big opportunities” sit idle in your pipeline
- Begin to “whine” about product and price
Is this you? It happens to all of us at one time or another. The Secret to success is what you do about it?
In the next post we will look at battling these sales slumps.